ECE 15, 25, 35 FALL 2014 Enrollment for Incoming Students
The ECE Dept. is saving seats for incoming students in ECE 15, 25, and 35. Although these courses currently appear full,
more seats will become available before incoming Transfers and Freshmen start to enroll.
ECE Major Impacted Status
EFFECTIVE FALL 2014:
Freshman admission to all four ECE majors will be limited, as the majors are currently considered impacted. Freshmen who were admitted to an undeclared major and decide to attend UC San Diego, must complete a set of screening courses to be considered for admission into an engineering major. Generally, students must wait 3 quarters or one academic year before they can apply. Please see this link for more information.
ECE 108 Major Requirement
Important information regarding ECE course offerings:
- Effective FA14, ECE 102 has a new prerequisite which is ECE 100. Students can enroll in ECE 100 and 102 concurrently. Students must contact the UG Advisors to get pre-authorization to enroll in ECE 102 if students plan to take the two courses at the same time.
- ECE 30 and 111 will not be offered in fall quarter 2014. Both courses will be offered in winter & spring 2015 due to instructor availability. The ECE Dept. apologizes for any inconvenience.
- ECE 111 and 165 which both have ECE 108 as a prerequisite will have updated prerequisites next academic year. ECE 111 will require ECE 25 or CSE 140 and ECE 165 will require ECE 102.
- ECE 65 only requires ECE 35. For the most current prerequisite information, please refer to the prerequisite link on the Schedule of Classes on Tritonlink.
- ECE 180, Energy Conversion, requires that students are in junior or senior standing in order to enroll. Please contact the UG Advisors to get pre-authorization to add the class.
- ECE 25 and 35 lab schedules are generally available during second pass. Students cannot enroll until the lab schedule is available and cannot waitlist until second pass.
- ECE 174 only requires MATH 20F and ECE 15. For the most current prerequisite information, please refer to the prerequisite link on the Schedule of Classes on Tritonlink.