ABET & WASC ACCREDITATION
Program Mission Statement
To educate tomorrow's technology leaders.
Program Educational Objectives
To prepare students for graduate study in engineering or other professional fields.
To prepare students to excel in technical careers and apply their knowledge in the professional arena.
To prepare students to be leaders in their field, making technical contributions as well as having more general impact on society at large.
Program outcomes have been established based on the Program Educational Objectives. Graduates of the ECE Program in Electrical Engineering are expected to have:
- An understanding of the underlying principles of, and an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to electrical engineering problems
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- A knowledge of electrical engineering safety issues
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to collaborate effectively with others
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, including familiarity with computer programming and information technology
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively in writing
- An ability to communicate effectively in speech
- An ability to communicate effectively with visual means
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and the ability to engage in, lifelong learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues