Larta is looking to fill a full time position in our Energy Practice to assist with the day-to-day execution of the DOE CAP. Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years work experience post-graduation. You can find the full job description and requirements for the “Technology Accelerator Associate – Energy Practice” position on ZipRecruiter at https://bit.ly/2OU5Otr.
Associates assist in all aspects of planning, development and delivery of Larta’s technology accelerator activities including Commercialization Assistance Programs™ (CAPs). Larta provides CAP services to SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) awardees on behalf of U.S. Federal agencies such as the Department of Energy, National Institutes of Health, the Department of Agriculture, and the National Science Foundation. These programs are designed to assist innovative entrepreneurs and university researchers with various commercialization activities including customized business consulting, IP assessment, market research, pitch deck review, company financials, introduction to key industry stakeholders and potential investors, website design, marketing and branding.
The Technology Accelerator Associate will work exclusively in Larta’s Energy Practice, particularly with the Department of Energy (DOE) CAP. Associates are involved in every aspect of program management, including communicating with key stakeholders, working directly with entrepreneurs to assess their business needs, traveling to conferences/meetings as required, and assisting with reports and other deliverables.
An ideal candidate has experience and/or a strong interest in program/portfolio management, entrepreneurship and the commercialization of emerging energy technologies.
· Assists with day-to-day activities including managing and coordinating all logistical requirements of energy related programs, including:
o Services provided to SBIR awardee cohorts;
o Administrative activities and program reports;
o Documentation and updates of program action items/issues logs;
o Coordination of program surveys, data analysis interpretation of results;
o Review of market research reports;
o Communication with participating entrepreneurs, mentors, and industry representatives;
o Management of logistics for external conferences/events.
Required Skills and Experience
· Undergraduate degree (preferably in business, economics, or any other business/energy related field);
· Minimum three (3) years of professional work experience post-graduation;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office;
o Data extraction and analysis on Excel;
o Reporting and presentation of data with charts, graphs, and other tools.
· Strong attention to detail, organizational skills;
· Skill with unstructured problem solving;
· Ability to work well under pressure and simultaneously manage multiple projects
· Strong interest in innovation and entrepreneurship, particularly in the energy field;
· Experience with event management, planning and logistics a plus;
Additional Information on Benefits
• Full-time employment in a growing company with challenging responsibilities;
• 100% employer-paid health insurance coverage for employees;
• Paid vacation, holiday and sick time;
• 401(k) matching;
• Annual performance bonus potential;
• Opportunity for internal career advancement;
• Subsidized parking and/or transportation;
• Monthly reimbursement on data package for mobile phone;
Please submit a resume with your qualifications, work history, and minimum salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please highlight relevant experience. Also submit a one-page cover letter outlining your background and suitability for this position, and our organization. If selected for an interview, a writing sample will be requested.