Embedded Software Engineer
IKA Works, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated individual for its San Diego R&D location. The candidate will be involved primarily in developing embedded software for products used in chemistry Laboratories and analytical industries.
Selected candidate will be responsible for the development of complete device software in embedded C/C++. Also responsible to continue development using existing device software for improvements or new features. The software engineer must be capable of working independently to achieve the design goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Development of software for laboratory and analytical devices, with responsibility for implementation and support until serial production.
Ø Improvements in software as per the feedbacks from customers/IKA departments.
Ø Analysis, design, development and testing of graphical user interfaces, BT-, Wi-Fi, USB-, UART - for embedded systems.
Ø Software development for Display interface (especially TFT displays), wired/wireless communication, motor controls, Heater controls.
Ø Define communication protocols and data commands for data transfer between PCBs and between device and PC/Mobile applications
Ø Work with given development tools in the area of embedded software.
Ø Timely delivery of device software for testing and release.
Ø Co-ordinate with the mobile application developer to have wireless communication features in device software.
Ø Compilation of full documentations, storing project files.
Ø Close cooperation with, and support of, specialized departments such as industrial engineering, manufacturing, applications engineering, service etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Ø Bachelor’s (BS)/Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering from an accredited college or university
Ø Must have good exposure in embedded firmware development, preferably in embedded C/C++.
Ø Must be proficient in software design with Microcontrollers, TFT controllers, serial communication standards (USB,UART,I2C,SPI), PID control for motor/heater etc.
Ø Must have sufficient hardware knowledge to trouble shoot software related issues on PCBs
Ø Must have good debugging skills to trouble shoot hardware/software issues.
Ø Being able to explain technical limitations of electronic-components and software to customers/chemists and having the ability to explain possible compromises or work-around-solutions for technical problems
Ø Must be able to handle software related challenges efficiently and independently
Ø English speaking, with good communication skills
Ø Readiness for accepting suggestions from customers/colleagues with a positive attitude.
Ø Readiness to travel (inside USA and to Germany/India/China).
Full time/ permanent position
Please submit your resume to email@example.com along with salary expectation. Visit here to see a full job description.
IKA Works, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to develop products, used in chemistry
Laboratories and in analytical industries. Responsible for entire projects from project start until series production release.Develop 3D parts and drawings. Assemble functional samples as proof of function, including 3D printing or organizing parts from external manufacturers, clarification of device-designs with industrial designers, creating detailed drawings, discussion of tooling requirements with mold-manufacturers, parts quality evaluation, accompanying prototype manufacturing, testing and documentation. Strong project management and communication skills is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage full life-cycle product development projects, including design, develop, test prototypes, assemble function sample devices and accompany series production start
• Provide engineering and technical knowledge, backed by applicable calculations to ensure that designs are safe, meet the proper fit, form and function of specifications and adhere to industry standards, such as UL, CUL, CE
• Develop project scopes and budgets
• Ensure that specifications, bills of materials, part-drawings, assembly-drawings and component specifications meet IKA standards and best engineering practices
• Assist purchasing.
• Create drawings, 3D models and ensure that the designs are fabricable and free from fit and tolerance errors.
• Ensure that the bill of materials are accurate, complete and in order when transferred to manufacturing
• Prepare product documentation
• Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date project schedules and cost-evaluations.
• Create or analyze ECN’s if adjustments are required to ensure the quality of the final product.
• Provide reports as needed to management.
• Other responsibilities might be required.
B.S./B.A. degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university. Minimum 3-4 years’ experience with a background in design, product development and project management; or equivalent combination of education experience.
Full time/permanent position.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with salary expectation. Visit here to see a full job descript