Idaho State University seeks to develop an interdisciplinary community of scholars who will build and sustain educational and research excellence in technology and its energy applications. This effort is central to a polytechnic initiative funded by the State of Idaho and Idaho State University (ISU) in partnership with the Idaho National Laboratory (INL) and other key industry and educational partners in Eastern Idaho. ISU plans to hire a cluster of five faculty members whose proven capabilities complement INL’s emphasis on the generation, distribution and security of electric power. These faculty will be key to creating a new, interdisciplinary polytechnic center of excellence in the Intermountain/Pacific Northwest as ISU builds capacity and opportunity in engineering and affiliated disciplines.
Applicants from the fields of electrical engineering, computer engineering, cybersecurity, computer science and data science are encouraged to apply. Subject matter expertise in energy-relevant areas of informatics, cybersecurity and smart-grid technology are of particular interest. Applications are for tenure track or tenured positions at the rank of assistant or associate professor in the College of Science and Engineering. The positions will be located at ISU’s campus in Idaho Falls which is adjacent to the Idaho National Laboratory.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant discipline, with post-doctoral experience preferred
- For Assistant Professor applicants:
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for undergraduate and graduate education
- Strong potential for extramural funding for research related to INL’s mission and capabilities
- For Associate Professor applicants:
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and training of students
- Funded collaborative research
- Academic leadership
- Ability to be granted access to restricted facilities of the United States government
- Experience with multi-disciplinary collaboration or willingness to engage in such
- Professional industry experience
- US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Valid work permits
Detailed information about the position and ISU’s profile can be found at http://apptrkr.com/1335609.
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATIONS AND APPLICATION
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited. The review of nominations and applications will begin immediately, and expressions of interest will be welcomed until an appointment is made. Applications received by January 15, 2019, will be given full consideration. Send a letter of application; curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of five professional references. Calls to references will occur later in the search process and only with prior notification of candidates. All submissions will be treated in confidence and should be sent electronically (.pdf or MS Word format preferred) to: ISUFacultyCOSE@academic-search.com. The committee is assisted by Dr. Wanda Durrett Bigham, Senior Consultant, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.