Specialization: Computer/Software Engineering
Job Opening ID (JOID): 24736
Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure-Track)
The Computer Engineering Department at San José State University (SJSU) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Areas of particular interest include virtual and augmented reality, machine learning and artificial intelligence, robotics, data mining and big data, cloud computing and virtualization, networking and mobile systems, cyber security, computer systems architecture, FPGA, and embedded systems, but other areas in computer and software engineering will also be considered.
● Applicants must have a doctorate in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field by the start of the appointment.
● For appointment at the Assistant Professor rank, the candidate must demonstrate potential for teaching and scholarly excellence. For appointment at the Associate Professor rank, the candidate must have a record of broad teaching experience and significant scholarly and professional achievements commensurate with the rank.
● Applicants must have a strong commitment to teaching excellence, dedication to continued professional development and scholarship, and a broad knowledge of computer/software engineering. Demonstrated ability in written and oral use of the English language is required.
● Applicants should demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
● A faculty member is expected to teach, supervise, and advise students in both undergraduate and graduate programs, and to establish a research program related to his/her field of interest.
● A faculty member will participate in shared governance, usually in department, college, and university committee and other service assignments.
● A faculty member must address the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: August 2019
Eligibility: Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Application Procedure: For full consideration, send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching interests/ philosophy, research plans, and at least three original letters of reference with contact information by January 7, 2019 to https://apply.interfolio.com/54344
Please include Job Opening ID (JOID) on all correspondence.
Screening of applications will begin January 7, 2019. The positions remain open until filled.