EPC Power is hiring an Electrical Engineer Intern for our Poway, CA facility. We develop and manufacture high-power, ultra-compact grid connected conversion systems for a variety of emerging sectors including renewables, energy storage, heavy automotive, and microgrid applications. The selected candidate for this Engineering Design Intern position will be a member of the Power Electronics design group.
- This individual will be exposed to all technical aspects of the design and development activities for a variety of power conversion technologies.
- Depending on education and background, job responsibilities may include requirements derivation and documentation, circuit design, schematic capture, simulation and analysis of power circuits, and/or functional checkout of hardware.
- Further contributions may include support to strategic engineering projects such as maintaining a library of commonly used circuits, organizing assets for design reviews, capturing test data and analysis for metrics and strategic planning, and/or financial tracking of strategic initiatives.
- Must be working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- Must be able to complete an internship prior to graduation.
- Coursework toward a B.S. in Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- Basic functional knowledge of analog electronics
- Basic knowledge of Power Supply technologies
- Analog circuit analysis
- Familiarity with PSPICE simulation tool
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Fundamental knowledge in electronic design to perform general design tasks and provide analytical predictions of the results.
- Operational knowledge of DC-DC converter topologies
- Working knowledge of magnetics
- Familiarity with Altium Designer tools or similar
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Goal planning and team player skills
- Individual should be a self-starter, organized and punctual
- Individual who is motivated to drive improvements in a challenging environment
An advanced degree in progress is a plus.
Please contact CCO & EVP, Allan Abela firstname.lastname@example.org