Job Listing #092101
Educational Vision Technologies is a startup at UCSD that is developing a next-generation educational technology which utilizes state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to enable students to learn more in a shorter amount of time and do significantly better in their classes.
Our device utilizes computer vision and deep learning algorithms to automatically create an online version of the class from a traditional lecture that is taught on multiple standard whiteboards or chalkboards. We automatically generate interactive lecture notes and a smart video which work in harmony to expedite the learning process. Our goal is to increase the STEM graduation rate by helping students succeed academically on a large scale.
Compensation: unpaid internship, potential for class credit, potential for equity
Start Date: preferably fall quarter, but we will be recruiting year round
Hours: 15-25/week, depending on your role and availability
Public Website: evt.ai
Contact: Submit Resume to Parmar@evt.ai with the job title in the subject line, include why you would like to join our team.
Title: Computer Vision and Machine Learning Engineer Intern
Working under our CTO you will learn about new algorithms and work on novel computer vision, machine learning, and/or deep learning projects.
- Enjoys learning about new algorithms, is a quick learner, has great programming skills, and utilizes best programming practices
- Proficient in Python
- Proficient in C++
- Experienced in Computer Vision, theory + projects has used libraries such as OpenCV
- Experienced in Machine Learning, theory + projects
- Experienced in Deep Learning, theory + projects
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Bonus if knowledgeable about GANs, Pose Estimation, OCR, or Segmentation
- Bonus if knowledgeable in Parallel Programming (GPU Programming, CUDA)
You may apply even if you are missing qualifications, you will just have to learn that much more.
Title: Web Developer Intern
Your job will be to work on our innovative web platform which enables students to study efficiently and learn more in a shorter amount of time
- Hiring for Frontend, Backend, and UI/UX
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Knowledge of version control (git) mainly for utilizing development and production builds
- Experience developing in a Unix environment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with UI / UX Design
Preferred But Not Required:
- Knowledgeable in machine learning or computer vision
- Knowledgeable in networking and security
- Knowledgeable with React / Redux / Django / Webpack / Node.js / PostgreSQL
- Experience with embedded systems