DownUnder GeoSolutions is an innovative geosciences company with a diverse range of capabilities.
Our products and services are at the cutting edge of exploration and production services to the global oil and gas industry.
Whilst we are a 100% Australian-owned company, we are truly a global enterprise. We have offices in Perth, Houston, London and Kuala Lumpur.
We are looking for graduates who enjoy in analyzing and processing very large data sets.
You will be assisting the project team in delivering seismic processing and depth imaging projects. Initially, you will learn and develop your technical skills through tasks as follows:
- Seismic velocity analysis and QC.
- Production QC of processing stages.
- Creating QC attributes such as RMS maps and horizons.
- Running and managing production workflows on company computer system.
- Test and processing report writing.
- Assemble workflows for seismic processing.
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in Maths/ Physics / Electrical Engineering and Geophysics, or equivalent.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Organised, attention to detail, and able to produce accurate work.
- Motivated to complete assigned responsibilities within set deadlines.
- Applicants must have the legal right to work at the time of submitting their applications.
The following experience is desirable, but not mandatory:
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Linux, Unix, and geoscience software / applications.
- Oil/gas industry experience – with working knowledge of seismic or digital signal processing.
- Experience with Seismic Unix (USP) and scripting.
Please send your resume and transcript to email@example.com .