Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications, and industrial equipment. As our future market opportunities have increased in recent years, we have continued to invest in disruptive analog platforms and have created innovative new solutions for a wide range of leading-edge products.
The Wireless and Sensing Product Group located in our San Diego office has unique expertise in system level platform solutions for Touch & Proximity Sensing Products. These are the world's lowest power touch-interface solutions integrated with highly accurate ADCs for enhanced sensing performance. These ultra-small, feature-rich touch controllers are optimized for a wide range of battery-powered, portable applications such as mobile phones, digital still cameras, media players, GPS, portable computers, handheld gaming devices and other consumer electronics.
As an engineering intern, you will help in the design and testing of industry leading ASSP products as highlighted below:
Responsibilities/ Opportunities for Learning:
- design and develop software, hardware, fixtures and other components to support testing
- support and work closely with the IC design and application teams for next-generation sensing mixed-signal ASSP products
- design verification, debugging, chip evaluation
- test development, execution, and reporting
- programming for embedded systems and PC test programs
- lab measurements
- hardware PCB development & validation
- on-going studies towards B.S. EE or higher (MSEE or Ph.D.)
- C/C++, SW development, embedded systems
- experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- working knowledge of VHDL and Verilog a plus
- exposure to processors, microcontrollers, FPGAs
- experience with lab equipment such as an oscilloscope, multi-meter, logic analyzer, etc.
- independent, rigorous, self-motivated, willing to take direction
- enthusiastic learner and creative thinker with good communication skills written and verbal
- experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows/PC environments
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to hear more - please send your resume to:
Tom Vegos, Director Talent Acquisition ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Semtech is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information/characteristics and any other characteristic protected by State or Federal law.