Kaiser Permanente IT is looking for a Data Scientist who can support our business teams in building and managing data science models. The ideal candidate should be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for patient and business-related process optimization. He/she must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve outcomes.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, correlations,
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Excellent experience in machine learning techniques and algorithms for both supervised and unsupervised learning (Classification, Regressions, Decision Forest, Neural Networks, etc)
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Scala, Weka, NumPy, TensorFlow etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, Cosmos
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, Mat Lab, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig.
- Good scripting and programming skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in model development or equivalent work experience
- Minimum Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field
To Apply, please send your resume to Timothy Byrd: firstname.lastname@example.org