ARC Intern: Autonomous IoT Device Development and Optimization
About the Job
PARC seeks an intern to work on the development and optimization of IoT device data collection and energy usage. The intern should have an electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or similar background with a focus on low-power sensing. Applicants should be working towards a BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field.
Applicants must possess at least a majority of the following qualifications:
- Experience creating bench top characterization platforms for understanding power consumption in electronic devices.
- An interest in developing long-lifetime IoT devices for use in harsh environments.
- Experience characterizing and optimizing solar/battery powered IoT Devices operation.
- Experience investigating methods of evaluating the impact of code changes on device lifetime.
- Ability to read schematics and data sheets
- Proficient coding in Python and/or embedded code development.
- Experience in PCB design, layout and assembly
-Proficient in data analysis/statistical evaluation of device performance characteristics
(intern benefits include 401K, Relocation and Holidays)
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.