SF Bay Area / Engineering / Full-time
At Reach Labs, we are delivering technologies to enable the long-range, wireless transfer of power. We believe wireless energy can be as liberating for power systems as WiFi was for data systems, and are busy creating the energy infrastructure that will one day replace the aging electrical grid. We have raised funding from top tier VC's, have real world customers deploying our technology, and are continuing to build out the exceptional team that is making our vision a reality.
As an RF and Antenna Engineer, you will be responsible for specifying, prototyping, implementing, and testing antennas and RF circuits for our wireless power system. You will work cross-functionally with other members of the engineering team to deliver a long-range wireless power system to market. In addition, you will hone your technical knowledge in exotic antenna structures, identify risks and opportunities, and help set the technology road map.
- Design, implement, and verify antennas throughout a product design cycle.
- Conduct laboratory benchtop antenna prototyping, testing, & make iterative design modifications.
- Optimize RF front-end matching, antenna passive and active performance by computer simulation and lab validation.
- Collaborate with PM/Mechanical/RF/Hardware Engineering teams to define antenna requirements and performance goals.
- Perform board level and product level EM simulations for best-in-class transmission performance, spatial co-existence and emissions.
- Support EMI and RF trouble shooting and testing.
- Debug and resolve system level Antenna-RF issues to achieve regulatory and performance goals.
- Support product certification.
- Research new approaches and techniques for future product versions.
Qualities & Experience
- MS or PhD in Electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in antenna design.
- Core understanding of different antenna architectures.
- Strong intuition of electromagnetics
- Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment for RF device and antenna characterization as well as system performance validation, such as VNA and spectrum analyzer.
- Experience with EM simulation software, such as HFSS, CST, and circuit simulation tools, such as Keysight ADS.
- Hands-on experience fabricating, testing, and tuning antennas
- Sound knowledge of fundamental RF/wireless concepts and components.
- Capable of learning on the fly and rapidly acquiring new skills.
- Strong technical communication and organizational skills to work collaboratively within a close team setting.
- Experience using an antenna chamber to characterize antennas.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (FCC, etc.).
- Experience achieving FCC regulatory approval.
- Experience with mmWave phased array or adaptive antenna design.
- Experience with metamaterials
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited, paid vacation policy
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Healthcare FSA
- High degree of autonomy and work ownership with strong action-to-impact relationship
Reach Labs - Who We Are
Reach Labs is a pioneer in a new frontier of technology. Born out of MIT, incubated in YC, and developed in an "office space" that was once the oven of a cookie factory, we are a group of curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers, and we approach our work with vigor and humility. We've since moved to a new, beautiful office, but we took the startup mentality with us - decisions are made quickly, meetings and politics are kept to a minimum, and everyone here does high visibility work that has considerable influence on our product and company.
Our office has close access to MacArthur BART, public and private bus routes, walking access to Emeryville restaurants, gyms and groceries, and ample bike parking and personal storage for employees. We have weekly team lunches, quarterly offsite company events, and often spend time together outside of work bicycling, rock climbing, and hosting happy hours.
As a result, we highly value diversity at our company in not only professional capabilities and experience, but also in personal interests, musical tastes, and walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.