SF Bay Area / Engineering / Full-time
At Reach Labs, we are delivering technologies to enable the long-range, wireless transfer of power. We believe wireless energy can be as liberating for power systems as WiFi was for data systems, and are busy creating the energy infrastructure that will one day replace the aging electrical grid. We have raised funding from top tier VC's, have real world customers deploying our technology, and are continuing to build out the exceptional team that is making our vision a reality.
Reach Labs' hardware products serve as the base on which our product portfolio is built. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and supply chain. Each employee serves a critical purpose in bringing transformative products to market.
We're looking for a seasoned RF engineer who will have ownership over our new MMIC devices from design to production. These devices will have world class performance and novel architectures. You will report to the Director of Engineering and work closely with Product, Electrical Engineering, and Manufacturing teams.
- Design, layout, and simulate multiple RF components to create a novel, high performance RF front end
- Work with IC fabs to ensure designs stay on time and on budget
- Set up MMIC design workflow
- Tape out multiple MMICs in the C and K bands
- Test, debug, and tune fabricated MMICs on both the transmitter and receiver side.
- Work with product team to define RF requirements and build systems to fulfill customer needs.
- Serve as a mentor to other members of the RF team
Qualifications and Experience
- MS or PhD in electrical engineering
- 5+ years of experience designing and testing MMICs/RFICs on GaAs, CMOS, and/or GaN
- Hands on experience with RF and EM simulation software like Cadence, Momentum/Sonnet, HFSS, and ADS/AWR
- Understanding of device physics, modeling and process technology is a plus
- Experience working with IC fabricator(s)
- Experience probing, testing, debugging, and iterating on MMICs
- Led or played a key role in designing, building, and testing RF hardware products from concept to market delivery.
- Deep understanding of different RF system architectures.
- RF device characterization and tuning in 1-40GHz frequency range
- Phased array or adaptive antenna array experience.
- Knowledge of amplifier design.
- Strong intuition of electromagnetics.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools, such as Keysight ADS or Microwave Office.
- Eager to be a contributing, hands-on engineer, in addition to a positive technical leadership influence on a growing hardware team.
- Strong communication and organizational skills to work collaboratively within a close team setting.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a startup
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with EM simulation software such as HFSS or CST
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Knowledge of power electronics design
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited, paid vacation policy
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Healthcare FSA
- High degree of autonomy and work ownership with strong action-to-impact relationship
Reach Labs - Who We Are
Reach Labs is a pioneer in a new frontier of technology. Born out of MIT, incubated in YC, and developed in an "office space" that was once the oven of a cookie factory, we are a group of curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers, and we approach our work with vigor and humility. We've since moved to a new, beautiful office, but we took the startup mentality with us - decisions are made quickly, meetings and politics are kept to a minimum, and everyone here does high visibility work that has considerable influence on our product and company.
Our office has close access to MacArthur BART, public and private bus routes, walking access to Emeryville restaurants, gyms and groceries, and ample bike parking and personal storage for employees. We have weekly team lunches, quarterly offsite company events, and often spend time together outside of work bicycling, rock climbing, and hosting happy hours.
As a result, we highly value diversity at our company in not only professional capabilities and experience, but also in personal interests, musical tastes, and walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.