SF Bay Area / Engineering / Full-time
At Reach Labs, we are delivering technologies to enable the long-range, wireless transfer of power. We believe wireless energy can be as liberating for power systems as WiFi was for data systems, and are busy creating the energy infrastructure that will one day replace the aging electrical grid. We have raised funding from top tier VC's, have real world customers deploying our technology, and are continuing to build out the exceptional team that is making our vision a reality.
As a member of the hardware team, you will assist in the design, implementation, and deployment of the electronics behind wireless power systems. You will work closely with the software team to test and verify product requirements, as well as with the product and mechanical teams to ship cutting-edge technology.
You will also explore new techniques and approaches to improve existing hardware through prototyping, developing proof of concepts, and investigating new technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience integrating and testing complex devices. This role reports directly to the Director of Hardware. You will have the opportunity to greatly influence the construction of the product, develop your technical knowledge, and use your creativity and curiosity to solve problems and add value to our product.
- Assist in electrical system design, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, debugging, test, and support for multiple systems
- Assemble, test, and help troubleshoot prototypes to characterize performance and improve designs
- Work with CMs and suppliers to identify better parts and techniques to scale production
- Design PCBs and work with other engineers to "glue" subsystems together
- Perform validation and data collection on prototypes and products
- Write up problems, fixes, and procedures as you discover them
Qualities & Experience
- Must be comfortable assembling surface mount components and performing PCB rework.
- Experience using spectrum analyzer, VNA, signal generator, oscilloscope, and logic analyzer
- Experience in designing, fabricating, and debugging digital, analog, and RF circuits
- PCB layout experience, preferably in Altium
- Knowledge of RF engineering concepts and components
- Ability to improvise solutions from available materials
- Capable of learning on the fly and rapidly acquiring new skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills to work collaboratively within a close team setting
- High degree of pride taken in work
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited, paid vacation policy
- Health insurance coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Healthcare FSA
- High degree of autonomy and work ownership with strong action-to-impact relationship
Reach Labs - Who We Are
Reach Labs is a pioneer in a new frontier of technology. Born out of MIT, incubated in YC, and developed in an "office space" that was once the oven of a cookie factory, we are a group of curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers, and we approach our work with vigor and humility. We've since moved to a new, beautiful office, but we took the startup mentality with us - decisions are made quickly, meetings and politics are kept to a minimum, and everyone here does high visibility work that has considerable influence on our product and company.
Our office has close access to MacArthur BART, public and private bus routes, walking access to Emeryville restaurants, gyms and groceries, and ample bike parking and personal storage for employees. We have weekly team lunches, quarterly offsite company events, and often spend time together outside of work bicycling, rock climbing, and hosting happy hours.
As a result, we highly value diversity at our company in not only professional capabilities and experience, but also in personal interests, musical tastes, and walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.