OFFICE FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES (OSD) ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION
Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations. The Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) determines reasonable accommodations based on the student’s current functional limitations. Only students who have been issued an Authorization for Accommodation (AFA) Letter by the OSD are eligible for accommodations.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering OSD Liaison and faculty will work directly with the student to help facilitate exam accommodations for all ECE courses offered.
TRITON TESTING CENTER
Triton Testing Center will be open starting FALL 22 quarter to provide secure and integral testing services to students who need to take their paper-based tests outside the time and space constraints of the classroom.
Unfortunately, the TTC is not equipped to host computer-based tests at this time.
To get started, we ask you to create an account with UC San Diego’s Register Blast. Once your account is created, you will be able to log in to Register Blast to submit your test(s) request, securely upload your test(s), and provide testing instructions and preferences. Register Blast will also enable you to see all of your tests in one spot, as well as when a student has completed a test. Once you’ve created an account, the TTC will contact you directly with detailed instructions and guidance.
For students (to be sent by the OSD Liaison or the Instructor):
If your instructor permits, you will schedule your accommodated tests directly with the Triton Testing Center (TTC).
To get started, you must fill out a TTC student registration form. Once the TTC has approved and created your account, you can log in to their system to confirm your accommodations and schedule your tests within the parameters (e.g., testing window) provided by [me/the instructor].
Triton Testing Center Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Before scheduling an exam, please ensure that you have received an Authorization For Accommodation (AFA) letter from the OSD Office.
SCHEDULING AN EXAM
Starting FA22, you will take your exam either through the Triton Testing Center or through the department as scheduled by the OSD liaison. You must create a TTC account and submit ECE Request for Exam Accommodations form.
STEP 1. Create a TTC student account
- Once the TTC has approved and created your account, you can log in to their system to confirm your accommodations and schedule your tests.
- Only students with instructors using the Testing Center could take their exams at the center.
STEP 2. Schedule your ECE exam
- The department OSD liaison will contact you regarding your exam schedule, room, and proctor.
- You must contact the instructor and TA's at least 120 university business hours (or 5 business days), excluding holidays and weekends, in advance to SET UP accommodation arrangements.
- Students will not get extra time on their exams if they are late.
- The exam time begins at the scheduled start time. There are no exceptions. Please come to the exam 10 minutes prior.
- Students are responsible for bringing all the items they need for the exam.
- Students who are allowed to use a "University laptop - not connected to a network" as an exam accommodation must reach out to the OSD Liaison at least 5 days before the scheduled exam.
- The integrity of the scholarship is strictly enforced. Anyone violating academic integrity standards will be subject to all the provisions outlined in the Student Conduct Code.
We must receive the AFA letter and be informed about your accommodations at least 5 days before the exam; otherwise, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate you as we need to schedule a room and find a proctor.
- INFORMATION FOR INSTRUCTORS
When a student is enrolled in an ECE course and is issued an Authorization for Accommodation (AFA) letter, an instructor can expect an electronic copy sent via email. If an instructor would prefer to arrange a student's exam accommodations, they should let the student know that.
Unless communicated otherwise, the OSD Liaison will make arrangements for the student's exams and then contact the instructor with confirmation details. The accommodated exam may:
- Be in a separate location from the classroom exam
- Start at the same time as the classroom exam or a little later
- End at the same time or later than the classroom exam
- Include the use of a laptop not connected to a network; additional instructions will be provided
- Need to be rescheduled to a different day to avoid conflicts with the student's other classes or exams
- Stipulate other requirements as listed on the AFA
To view the names of students enrolled in your course and their accommodations, visit the MyOSD tool online and log in. (If you have trouble logging in, please contact the OSD).
ECE OSD Liaison Contact: Jade Moneda | email@example.com